All companies need MC Authority or ICC, if they operate as for hire, transport passengers in interstate commerce, or transport Federal regulated commodities. there are different types of authorities like Broker, for hire trucking, its depends on companies what kind of business they wanted to run.

Our expertise team can help you choose right authority for your business, and help you getting all the requirements to activate your MC authority.

Send us your Telephone Number and we will contact you and explain all our services. We will be glad to answer all your questions regarding MC / MX / FF Authority.

Let Sky Transport Solutions provide you with assistance when you open your trucking company. Permits, Authority and Corporation Package. We have opened thousands of trucking companies throughout the years, and provide constant and consistent service to our truckers. From quarterly IFTA filings to DOT drug and alcohol testing. We are always here to answer all your trucking permit, authority and filing questions.

Let Sky Transport Solutions get all your trucking permits, saving you time and money.

Descriptions of the different types of interstate Operating Authority for which carriers would file the OP-1 form are as follows:

  • Motor Carrier of Property (except Household Goods)
  • Motor Carrier of Household Goods (Moving Companies)
  • Broker of Property (except Household Goods)
  • Broker of Household Goods
  • United States-based Enterprise Carrier of International Cargo (except Household Goods)
  • United States-based Enterprise Carrier of International Household Goods
  • Freight Forwarder Authority
  • Motor Passenger Carrier Authority
  • Non-North America-Domiciled Motor Carriers
  • Mexico-based Carriers for Motor Carrier Authority to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border
  • Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers Under 49 U.S.C. 13902

  • FF Authority

    OP-1 (FF) – Application for Freight Forwarder Authority
    This application is for businesses requesting Operating Authority as a freight forwarder in interstate or foreign commerce. Freight forwarders arrange transportation of goods by FMCSA-licensed carriers. Freight forwarders issue bills of lading to shippers and are responsible for the loss of or damage to the goods. OP-series forms can ONLY be used to apply for additional authorities, not for initial registration with FMCSA.

    MX Authority

    Form OP-1(MX) – Application to Register Mexican Carriers for Motor Carrier Authority
    This application is for business requesting Operating Authority as a Mexican Carriers to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border.

    MC Authority

    Form OP-1(MC) – Application to Register Motor Carriers of Property Authority
    An authorized for-hire Motor Carrier that transports regulated commodities (except household goods) for the general public in exchange for payment. Motor Carriers of Property (except Household Goods) must file proof of public liability (bodily injury and property damage — BI & PD) with FMCSA in order to obtain interstate Operating Authority. Cargo insurance is not required.

    Do I need MC authority?

    Generally you will need an ICC MC authority, you will not need it if you are one of the following:

    Private carriers (carriers that transport their own cargo)
    “For-hire” carriers that exclusively haul exempt commodities (cargo that is not federally regulated)
    Carriers that operate exclusively within a federally designated “commercial zone” that is exempt from interstate authority rules. A commercial zone is, for example, a geographic territory that includes multiple states bordering on a major metropolitan city, such as Virginia/Maryland/Washington, DC

    Do I need MC authority to run intrastate?


    Do tow trucks need MC authority number?

    If you tow vehicles in one state only you will not need it.
    The FMCSA law is as follows:

    Transportation of the following commodities requires a DOT number if intrastate and will require an MC number if crossing state lines:

    Light Trucks
    Heavy Equipment