Get your MC Authority fast when you work with Sky Transport Solutions. We even offer our exclusive Free MC Authority Copy service.

Free MC Authority Copy

Free MC Authority Copy

Below are some of the most common trucking permit questions the staff at Sky Transport Solutions get. The trucking FAQ  is a great place for the newbie trucker or owner operator to start.

Trucking FAQ

  • What is US DOT Number?

    According to FMCSA, The USDOT Number serves as a unique identifier when collecting and monitoring a
    company’s safety information acquired during audits, compliance reviews, crash investigations, and inspections.

  • What is ICC/MC Authority?

    In general, companies that do the following are required to have interstate Operating Authority (MC number)
    in addition to a DOT number:

    • Operate as for-hire carriers (for a fee or other compensation)
    • Transport passengers in interstate commerce
    • Transport federally-regulated commodities or arranging for their transport, in interstate commerce

  • What is IFTA?

    Please visit this to know about IFTA

  • What is New Mexico WDT permit?

    New Mexico imposes a weight-distance tax on owners, operators, and registrants of intra and interstate commercial
    vehicles with a declared gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds.
    This tax is based on vehicle weight and miles traveled on New Mexico roads. Companies must register and apply each
    year for a New Mexico Weight Distance Tax Electronic Permit for each vehicle.

  • What is New York (HUT) permit?

    New York State imposes a highway use tax (HUT) on motor carriers operating certain motor vehicles on New York State public
    highways (excluding toll-paid portions of the New York State Thruway). The tax is based on mileage traveled on NYS public
    highways and is computed at a rate determined by the weight of the motor vehicle and the method that you choose to report the tax.


    A Federal Mandated Program enforced by participating states. UCR (Unified Carrier Registration) – any motor carrier that
    operates in interstate or international commerce is subject to the UCRA (Unified Carrier Registration Agreement) fees. This
    includes: Motor Carriers, Motor Private Carriers, Leasing Companies, Brokers, and Freight Forwarders.


    Required for interstate carriers who operate through two or more of the member jurisdictions with a gross weight exceeding
    26,000 lbs. or vehicles with 3 or more axles regardless of weight. Vehicles operating intrastate in any member jurisdiction
    would either have to IRP Apportion Register or purchase a Trip

Trucking FAQ is one of the numerous ways Sky Transport Solutions is here to assist the trucker.